Wednesday, June 06, 2007

BFL Alpaca



your first glimpse at the BFL Alpaca sock yarn, it feels so soft and knits up beautifully, I can see some lovely shawls, scarves and socks being made with this.

I have done a tally up today of what is dyed and what is to dye. so far there is just over 20 kilos dyed with just under 10 to go. My passes arrived yesterday, makes it seem all the more real somehow.

On a more personal note we have applied to have the house extended, we want a two storey extension which will give us a proper sized kitchen with dining room, and we are keeping it as a three bedroom upstairs but making them proper double bedrooms rather than the tiny box rooms we have now. The planning officer came around today to check on us and touch wood so far we have no objections. there shouldn't be as every other house around here is extended in some way. I just can't wait to get started. I know it is going to be hard work having it done but it will be well worth it. We should here around the 9th of July so keep your fingers crossed

4 comments:

belaybunny said...

good luck with the extensions - my parents have builders/chaos right now!! lovely alpaca/bfl yarn - gorgeous colours!!

Knitted Gems said...

Lovely colors - I especially like the greens in the wool. Did you dye these yourself?
-kg

Joy said...

Oh Chrissy the alpaca looks divine! I will be at Woolfest on Saturday - please don't sell it all on Friday!

We extended our house sixteen years ago when I was expecting DS2. You won't regret it.

fibreclaireUK said...

Extensions are a real pain at the time - but great when its over. You will wonder how you lived without the extra space!